Becky 256/365


Regular shortening at the grocery store is $3 for four pounds; this stuff is
$8.25 for three pounds. It makes a huge difference in the icing, so I guess it's worth it.

3 comments:

Heather 18.5.09  

High ratio of what?

The Courteous Chihuahua 18.5.09  

I am by no means a food scientist, so this answer may be completely wrong. If I'm remembering correctly, it's called that because you use it in recipes that have a high ratio of sugar - like buttercream frosting. It helps absorb or blend the sugar better. Don't ask me what makes it do that.

Reenie 28.5.09  

How does it help absorb or blend the sugar better?

Envisage 365 on Facebook

Followers

IMPORTANT STUFF RIGHT HERE:

CONTACT THE BLOG OWNER, SARAH, HERE:
SUBMITENVISAGE@GMAIL.COM





VISIT OUR SISTER SITE HERE:

http://photographicstate.blogspot.com/





VISIT THE SECOND YEAR OF ENVISAGE HERE:

http://envisage2009.blogspot.com/

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP