Erica 188/365
My daughter's team won an award in the local Destination Imagination competition - which I shamefully admit I don't know exactly what it is.
I was rushing to get to the performance on time, and I was there in time but couldn't find the right room. I missed the performance and I cried like a little kid right there in the hall. I felt like such a shitty parent, standing there with my ex-husband and his wife who were informed and present. I feel sometimes like I'm just one letdown after another to the people I care about.
I did make it to the awards ceremony though. And I guess she still loves me anyway.
3 comments:
Ugh! I hate that feeling!
How will she ever learn how to deal with her own mistakes in life, gently, honestly & honorably, unless she sees you making some yourself? You're doing fine!
Such a good point. Thank you. I really needed to hear that today.
Post a Comment